Bring a new flare to the typical cranberry recipes by creating the simple and delicious Fermented Cranberries!
(1) A Package of fresh Cranberries
(2) 2 Tablespoons of chopped Ginger Root
(3) 1 Orange or Lemon (zest and juice)
(4) 1 Cinnamon Stick or 1tsp Ground Cinnamon
(5) 4Tablespoons of Granulated Sugar
(6) 1/2 Tablespoon of Fermentool’s Himalayan Salt
How to Make Fermented Cranberries
(1) Mash or Chop your cranberries by hand or in a blender or food processor to release their delicious juices.
(2) In a large bowl add your chopped ginger root, orange (or lemon) zest and jucie, sugar, and salt and mix well.
(3) Place a Cinnamon stick (or desired amount of ground cinnamon – suggested 1tsp) to bottom of mason jar. Add Cranberry mixture to the jar. Leave 1 inch of head space.
(4) Fill the jar with filtered water until the liquid rises about an inch over your cranberry mixture. Then apply your Fermentools Lid and Airlock System and let sit on the counter or other warm location for 3-10 days depending on the temperature of your kitchen and the desired taste of your cranberries.
- Variations: Ferments are a great place to express your individual tastes and flavors! Feeling like adding some apple juice, cloves, or walnuts? Go for it! Make this basic recipe your own masterpiece! At Fermentools.com, we provide The Tools You Need to Ferment With Success!
How To Use Fermented Cranberries
- Mix with cream cheese and a sweet and tangy spread for crackers, toast, cookies, or cheese cake
- Eat as a side dish or garnish for meat dishes such as turkey, chicken or fish
- Mix into oatmeal or with yogurt and granola
- Blend into beverages (such as kefir or carbonated water) to add probiotics and a cranberry twist
- Top Pancakes or Muffins with butter and this cranberry garnish
- Take straight up as a daily supplement
Let us know in the comments below if you made this and how you used it!!