Fermented Oregano Veggies
This curious mix of fermented oregano veggies was a surprisingly tantalizing blend of flavor that we have been using as a side dish in our home for many weeks now. Although I am not usually a huge fan of oregano, I jump for this jar of cauliflower, carrots, jalapeño peppers, onions and oregano when it’s meal time.
A Fermented Oregano Veggies Recipe
Ingredients (adjust as needed – 1 gallon):
- Two heads of cauliflower
- 8-10 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Onions cut into wedges
- 6 Whole Carrots
- 8 Jalapeños (adjust as needed)
- 4 Tablespoons of Oregano
- Brine (1/2c sea salt to 1 gallon of unfiltered water)
- Place all the veggies and herbs into a large bowl and toss with hand.
- Pack veggies into two half gallon mason jars
- Make a brine with water and Fermentools Himalayan Powdered Salt and pour brine over the veggies
- Assemble your airlock system to the top of your mason jar and set aside for 1-3 weeks to ferment. When it’s flavor is to your liking, move the ferment to cold storage such as the refrigerator.
Try it out! I’m sure you’ll love it as much as we have!
Ways to Serve Your Fermented Oregano Veggies
- This ferment works well as a side dish on its own.
- Add it to the top of toast.
- Toss these veggies into your salad.
- Stir some into your pasta sauce for a zingy Italian twist.
Additional Fermented Veggie Recipes
Fermentools’ fermentation lids for Mason jars are made in North America of surgical stainless steel to last a lifetime. Add to them our affordable glass weights, gasket, and airlock and you have the perfect kit for all your fermenting needs. Visit our store today!